The Center for International Solidarity together with the Center for the Social Doctrine of the Church of Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore and the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace organised the International Seminar “Beyond sustainable development: integral ecology” (Milan, 10 September 2015). On the eve of the UN Summit to adopt the post-2015 development agenda and after the release of the Encyclical Letter Laudato si’ of Pope Francis on Care for our Common Home, the seminar intended to reflect about the need for an integral ecology, also building upon recent publications edited by Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace, “Energy, Justice and Peace, a reflection on energy in the current context of development and environmental protection” (2014) and “Land and Food” (2015).
- Prof. Roberto Cauda, Director of the Center for International Solidarity, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
- Prof. Evandro Botto, Director of the Center for the Social Doctrine of the Church, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
The SDGs from the viewpoint of the Encyclical Letter Laudato si’ and the volumes edited by Pontifical Council
- H. E. Card. Peter K.A. Turkson, President of Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace
- Prof. Simona Beretta, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Development and human dignity. An ecology where “everything is connected”
- Mr. Michael Taylor, Executive manager of Vita Nuova, a company that helps rebuild distressed communities in the USA, and chairman of the non-profit Pax in Terra, that helps the poor in the USA, Peru and India